Purpose and Objectives
The advancement of Black faculty, staff and students in the pursuit of the mission of the University of Kansas; recruitment, development and retention of Black faculty, staff and students at KU; promotion of cultural diversity and positive race relations at KU.
- To provide a forum for addressing important issues which affect Blacks at the University of Kansas.
- To provide a resource for the development of Black faculty and staff members at the University.
- To provide a resource for the development and retention of Black students at KU.
- To advise the university leaders and the university community regarding the needs and concerns of Blacks at KU.
- To promote diversity, employment, and academic pursuits within the University and the community.
- To establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with various University units, the alumni, community groups and Black faculty and staff at other Kansas Regents institutions.
- To promote positive race relations based on understanding and respect for human dignity.
- To monitor and encourage the inclusion of cultural diversity as an integral part of the mission of the University of Kansas.