Articles VI - VII
Meetings, Quorum and Voting
- Notice of Meetings - The corresponding secretary shall give written notice to all members at least 10 business days prior to such meetings.
- General membership meetings shall be held once per academic semester.
- Special or emergency meetings may be called by the Executive Committee when deemed necessary to expedite the purpose and work of the Council or to respond to an unexpected occurrence or circumstance.
- Quorum. - A quorum for conducting the business of the Executive Committee shall consist of 50% of the Committee members. In the event 50% of the Committee are not present, the President shall have the power to designate the members present as a quorum.
- Voting - Voting upon matters coming before the Council and the Executive Committee shall be determined by a majority vote of a quorum or of the members present as designated by the President.
Amendments and Revisions
The Constitution and By-laws may be amended at general meetings of the Council by a majority vote of the members present provided two weeks written notice of the proposed amendment has been given to the members. Amendments shall be proposed to the Council by the executive committee of the Council or upon the written request of any five members of the Council.