Articles I - III
The name of the organization shall be the University of Kansas Black Faculty and Staff Council. (Hereinafter referred to as the Council or as the BFSC.)
The objectives of the organization are:
- To provide a forum for addressing important issues which affect Blacks at the University of Kansas.
- To provide a resource for the development of Black faculty and staff members at the university.
- To provide a resource for the development and retention of Black students at KU.
- To advise the university leaders and the university community regarding the needs and concerns of Blacks at KU.
- To promote diversity, employment and academic pursuits within the university and the community.
- To establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with various university units, the alumni, community groups and Black faculty and staff at other regents institutions.
- To promote positive race relations based on understanding and respect for human dignity.
- To monitor and encourage the inclusion of cultural diversity as an integral part of the mission of the University of Kansas.
Membership and Dues
- Membership shall be open to all faculty, unclassified and classified staff who are interested in and supportive of the objectives stated above. Membership status is granted upon payment of dues. Members who do not pay their dues shall not be eligible to vote, serve as an officer or as a committee chairperson, but shall be able to participate as a committee member or in other activities of the Council.
- Any member meeting the criteria in section A may continue to be a member regardless of change of status within the university. An individual shall continue to meet membership requirements for the duration of their affiliation with the university.
- Memberships are for one year, July 1-June 30 and are renewed annually upon the payment of the annual membership dues. Dues shall be payable on or before October 1 of each year.
- The amount of annual dues shall be determined each year by the Council upon recommendation of the executive committee. In any event, dues shall not exceed $50.00 dollars per year. Donations in any amount greater than the dues required for membership shall be accepted at any time.